FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD take our responsibilities under Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”) seriously. We also recognize the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The term “Personal Data” means any information in the possession of FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD or control of FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD that relates directly or indirectly to an individual to the extent that the individual can be identified or are identifiable from that and other information in the possession of FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD such as name, address, telephone number, NRIC, email address, etc. FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD may “process” your Personal Data by way of collecting, recording, holding, storing, using or disclosing it.
Your Personal Data may be collected from you during your course of dealings with FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD in any way or manner including pursuant to any transactions and/or communications made from/with FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD,including interactions on www.Fitson.com. FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, including without limitation, at any events, seminars, road shows, customer satisfaction surveys organised or sponsored by the FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD and/or from the cookies used on the Site.
In addition, the FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD may also receive, store and process your Personal Data which are provided or made available by any third parties, credit reference bodies, regulatory and law enforcement authorities, for reasons including delivery of FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD products and/or services, performance of conditions of agreements and/or to comply with the FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD legal and regulatory obligations.
PURPOSE OF ACQUIRING AND PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- to communicate with you;
- to provide products and/or services to you;
- to respond to your enquiries or complaints;
- to process your purchase and/or contest entry;
- to provide you with information and/or updates on the present and future appointments, other products, services and/or promotions offered by the FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD and selected third parties which may be of interest to you from time to time by SMS, phone call, email, fax, mail, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels;
- to send you seasonal greetings messages from time to time;
- to send you invitation to join FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD membership, events and promotions and other events;
- to monitor, review and improve the, treatments, products and/or services that you currently have with FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD;
- to process and analyse your Personal Data either individually or collectively with other individuals;
- to conduct market research or surveys, client profiling activities, planning and statistical analysis within FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD.
- to share any of your Personal Data with the auditor for FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD internal audit purposes;
- to share any of your Personal Data with a third party necessary for the preparation of legal documents or contract to be entered by you with FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD.
- to share any of your Personal Data with a third party necessary for the purpose of applying and obtaining insurance policy(ies), where necessary;
- to maintain and improve customer relationship;
- to maintain and update internal record keeping;
- for registration for a user account with FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD
- for internal administrative purposes;
- for audit and risk management purposes;
- for detecting, investigating and preventing fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities;
- for direct marketing purposes via SMS, phone call, email, fax, mail, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels;
- for meeting any applicable legal or regulatory requirements and making disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to the FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD;
- to enforce or defend FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD rights and your rights under, and to comply with, FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD obligations under the applicable laws, legislation and regulations; and/or
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- companies within FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD and their respective employees;
- your immediate family members and/or emergency contact person as may be notified to FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD from time to time;
- FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD business partners and affiliates that provide related products and/or services in connection with FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD s business for joint promotions and/or contests;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to which has undertaken to keep your Personal Data confidential which FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD has engaged to discharge our obligations to you;
- any party in relation to legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD auditors, consultants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers on a need to know basis for the purpose of those advisers providing advice to FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD;
- any party nominated or appointed by FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD either solely or jointly with other service providers, for purpose of establishing and maintaining a common database where FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD has a legitimate common interest;
- data centres and/or servers located within or outside Singapore for data storage purposes;
- payment channels including but not limited to financial institutions for purpose of assessing, verifying, effectuating and facilitating payment of any amount due to the FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD in connection with your purchase of the FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD products and/or services;
- government agencies, law enforcement agencies, courts, tribunals, regulatory bodies, ministries, and/or statutory agencies or bodies, offices or municipality in any jurisdiction, if required or authorised to do so, to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, order or judgment of a court or tribunal or queries from the relevant authorities;
- any provider of public utility or related services, whether or not governmental owned and/or any corporations approved and established for the provision of utility services and facilities,
- FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD appointed product and/or service providers, suppliers or agents, to discharge or perform one or more of the above Purposes;
- any persons, authorities or regulators to whom the FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD is permitted or required to disclose to under the applicable laws; and/or
- the general public when you become a winner in a contest by publishing your name, photographs and other Personal Data without compensation for advertising and publicity purposes.
ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- warrant and declare that all your Personal Data submitted or to be submitted to FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD are accurate, not misleading, updated and complete in all respects for purposes of acquiring or using the relevant products and/or services and you have not withheld any Personal Data which may be material in any respect and that FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD is authorized to assume the authenticity and up datedness of the Personal Data given by you when processing the Personal Data submitted by you to FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD (and FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD not obliged to independently verify any of such Personal Data); and
- you understand and agree to, the importance of the need to, update FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD as and when such Personal Data provided earlier to FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD becomes inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, outdated or changes in any way whatsoever by contacting FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD at the contact details below.
Subject to the exceptions provided under the PDPA, you have the right to request for access to, request for a copy of, request to update or correct, your Personal Data held by FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD. FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD may charge a small fee (such amount as permitted by the PDPA) to cover the administration costs involved in processing your request to access your Personal Data.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD has the right to refuse your request to access and/or correct your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under the law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is proportionate to the risks to your privacy, or where the rights of others may also be violated, amongst other reasons.
You have the right at any time to request FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD to limit the processing and use of your Personal Data (for example, requesting FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD to stop sending you any marketing and promotional materials or contacting you for marketing purposes).
In addition, you also have the right to inform FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD on your withdrawal (in full or in part) of your consent given previously to FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable duration of time for the withdrawal of consent to be effected.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Any of your Personal Data provided to FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD is retained for as long as the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected continues; your Personal Data is then destroyed unless its further retention is required to satisfy a longer retention period to meet the operational, legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements of FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD is committed to ensuring that your Personal Data is stored securely. In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure or other similar risks, FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD endeavours, where practicable, to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to safeguard against and prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of your Personal Data, and the destruction of, or accidental loss, damage to, alteration of, unauthorised disclosure of or access to your Personal Data.
The Internet is not a secure medium. However, FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD will put in place various security procedures with regard to the Site and your electronic communications with FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD.
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails/webmails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may be routed through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet.
FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD cannot and does not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or interception or loss of Personal Data that is beyond FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD reasonable control.
PERSONAL DATA FROM MINORS AND OTHER INDIVIDUALS
- FITSON SINGAPORE PTE LTD recommends you to read and understand the privacy statement/policy posted on those other websites in order to understand their procedures for collecting, processing, using and disclosing personal data and before submitting your Personal Data to those websites